Welcome to an interactive online seminar on human rights and climate activism where we will explore the following questions:
– How is climate change a major human rights issue?
– What are the inequalities of climate change & environmental degradation?
– How do we take action to promote human rights and climate justice?
The seminar will be facilitated by Prof. Saleemul Huq, an expert in adaptation to climate change in the most vulnerable developing countries and has been a lead author of several assessment reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
The seminar will be held twice on the same day (Sep 7):
– 11-13 CET / 12-14 EAT / 13-15 AMT
– 17-19 CET / 18-20 EAT / 19-21 AMT
The event will take place on Zoom. Please use the following link to participate:
About the speaker:
Prof. Saleemul Huq is the Director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) and Professor at the Independent Univedrsity Bangladesh (IUB). Additionally, he is Associate of the International Institute on Environment and Development (IIED) in the United Kingdom, Chair of the Expert Advisory Group for the Climate Vulnerable Forum (CVF) and also Senior Adviser on Locally Led Adaptation with Global Centre on Adaptation (GCA) headquartered in the Netherlands.